Sixth son of Ngan Gee Choy and Li Jun.
Ngan's public sculptures and artworks are a common sight around the greater Wellington area, including on the sides of the Reserve Bank Building, Archives New Zealand Building, on Wakefield Street, inside Parliament Buildings, in Stokes Valley, as well as around New Zealand.
In the 1983 Queen's Birthday Honours he was appointed an Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire for services to the arts.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Tso, M. (2017, July 15). Life Story: Reformer of public space, artist Guy Ngan dies aged 91. Retrieved from http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/arts/94336015/life-story-reformer-of-public-space-artist-guy-ngan-dies-aged-91
- ↑ New Zealand Herald. (2017, June 28). Guy NGAN obituary. Retrieved July 16, 2017, from http://notices.nzherald.co.nz/obituaries/nzherald-nz/obituary.aspx?n=guy-ngan&pid=185922655&fhid=12768
- ↑ McCredie, A. (2017, June 30). Remembering New Zealand artist Guy Ngan (1926-2017). Retrieved July 16, 2017, from http://blog.tepapa.govt.nz/2017/06/30/remembering-wellington-artist-guy-ngan-1926-2017/
- ↑ New Zealand Ministry for Culture and Heritage Te Manatu Taonga. (2014, October 22). Guy Ngan and Joan Calvert wall hanging, Beehive, Parliament [Web page]. Retrieved July 16, 2017, from /en/photograph/45313/guy-ngan-and-joan-calvert-wall-hanging-beehive-parliament
- ↑ Johnston, C. (2017, June 28). Guy Ngan (1926–2017) | The Dowse Art Museum. Retrieved July 16, 2017, from http://dowse.org.nz/news/blog/2017/guy-ngan
- ↑ Edwards, S. (2011, December 12). Twin sculpture to Stokes Valley’s mating worms launched. Retrieved from https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/local-papers/hutt-news/6129343/Twin-sculpture-to-Stokes-Valleys-mating-worms-launched
- ↑ Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki. (2017). Guy Ngan. Retrieved July 16, 2017, from https://www.aucklandartgallery.com/explore-art-and-ideas/artist/6471/guy-ngan